St. Jude Memphis Marathon Relay
The five-person marathon relay follows the same scenic course as the marathon and will start and finish in downtown Memphis.
To take full advantage of all race support, relay runners should maintain a 14-minute/mile pace.
11 years old or older as of race day.
How to register
- Team captains will register, pay for the entire team and create a team name. See pricing.
- After the relay has sold out, team captains will be sent a special registration link to send to the four other team members. Each team member will use this link to input their personal information.
- Teams must consist of five participants. Teams can be male, female or coed.
- Coed teams must have a minimum of two females.
- Teams will share a single B-Tag timing belt. Each participant must wear the belt during their portion of the relay. Each team member’s bib will have the same race number.
- Relay bibs cannot be personalized.
- Team member changes can be made during packet pickup. There is no fee for changes.
- Team captains are responsible for arranging payment between team members.
Details coming soon.
On race day
- The lead runner will start at the marathon start line. All other team members should be at their respective relay exchange stations.
- Relay exchange stations for legs two and four are within walking distance of the start and finish lines. Shuttles are provided to relay exchange stations for legs three and five. Your relay bib serves as your shuttle ticket. Race spectators cannot use the shuttles.
- Relay exchange stations are equipped with water, PowerAde and limited medical supplies.
- Relay exchange stations for legs two, three and four will have a small bag check area. Label your bags using the bag check tag, which can be removed from your bib.
- On-course signs will alert runners as they approach a relay exchange station. The incoming runner should make his/her bib visible to station volunteers and their team member. Bib numbers will be announced as the runners approach, so know your bib number.
- As you finish your leg of the race, you'll be directed to cross the timing mat. This will provide a split time for each relay team member.
- Incoming runners should run across the mat to the transition area, where they can exchange the B-Tag timing belt with the runner of the next leg. Once the runner has given the timing belt to the next runner, he/she must clear the course immediately to make room for other relay participants.
- The runner of the next leg should not cross a timing mat until he/she reaches the end of their own portion of the race.
- The final runner will return the timing belt at the Relay Belt Return and then pick up all team medals. Failure to return the belt entails a $30 fee and forfeits finisher medals.